Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Musings from the Mill

I have no idea where Bob got the idea that we went to high school together - I don't think I was even born then. ;-)


This is what Bob remembers when I was in high school (I know, I know - Abba called they want their costume back). I am nearly as "old" as Bob.

The 2nd photo is what I looked like on my last birthday (the Big 50). I've changed a bit over the years and gravity has not been kind, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept the extra flab. My husband and I decided just this past weekend to purchase a treadmill, as we both could use some firming and toning and lose some of the baggage that has crept up over the years.



We were off to Canadian Tire to purchase a mill when I received a call from a friend and I happened to mention we were off to town to buy a treadmill. She says to me, "Want mine?"Well, it was just serendipity and we got ourselves a really high-end treadmill for a fraction of the price. Bob, has looked down his nose at me and sniffed that his treadmill is brand new. La-tee-dah!

Anyway - my hopes are to lose around 17 pounds and firm up the ole' "thunder thighs" and improve my overall health. So, I am starting off slowly - doing about 15 minutes at a time at 2 mph with a 5 degree incline. That burns about 70 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment