Saturday, January 23, 2010

Aaaannnndddd we're back.

Bob here.
I haven't posted anything in the past week, because I haven't been on the treadmill. I was sidelined by a stubborn cold that had me feeling like 10 pounds of crap in a five-pound sack. It has passed now, except for a residual tickle in the nose, and I'm feeling much better.
So I got back on the mill today for a brisk, 30-minute walk. I'm not finding it difficult at all, and am considering boosting the speed past the 3.2 mph level, and increasing the incline past 6%.
Taking my doctor's advice, the treadmill is in front of a TV set. It is also equipped with a VCR/DVD player. So on weekdays, I time my workout to coincide with "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel. I've been taping it, so that on weekends, I have it to watch, too. I find that it requires my full attention, so I'm not preoccupied with the time counter, doing math in my head to figure out which fraction of 30 minutes I've reached. I think some game shows might be as useful.
I don't have a scale at home, which is a good thing, too, because I would be obsessive with my weight. I'll weigh myself whenever I'm near a scale, such as in a doctor's office.
This blog and the friendly challenge with Deb is going to be a big help, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment